Travel Safety and Crisis Support

Students, staff and faculty participating in University of Manitoba travel are encouraged to use the following resources in case of emergency:

International SOS
The University of Manitoba’s first point of contact in an emergency, International SOS provides comprehensive medical and travel security assistance service. They are available 24/7, 365 days per year, and free to faculty, students, and staff. They can help you manage risks pre-departure and respond to medical or travel emergencies – such as hospitalization, natural disasters/conflict, or lost passports – while you are away.

  • Request your free International SOS card from the International Centre
    Carry this card with you whenever you travel
  • U of M Membership Number: 27AYCA524935
  • Dedicated Tel: +1 (215) 942-8478
  • Register online?and download their?free mobile app for up-to-date travel information

Registration of Canadians Abroad (ROCA)

  • All Canadian students, staff, and faculty should register with ROCA prior to departure:
  • Registration allows the Government of Canada to notify you in case of an emergency, and enables you to receive important information and supports, including emergency evacuation, before or during a natural disaster or civil unrest.

Global Affairs Canada (Canadian Foreign Affairs)

Lost or stolen passports/travel documents

If your passport is lost or stolen, contact your consulate or embassy immediately to report the disappearance and inquire about obtaining a replacement. In most cases, you will be required to file a police report. If you are an international student, you may also want to contact an international student advisor at the International Centre regarding the permits and visas that were in your passport when it was lost or stolen. If you would like guidance, book an appointment with an international student advisor by calling 204-474-8501 or dropping by 541 UMSU University Centre.

U of M Security Services

Tel: 1-204-474-9341 (collect, 24/7 service, 365 days per year)
Email: emergency_response@เล่นสล็อตฟรีได้เงินจริง

Prior to your departure, provide the following information to Security Services so that they can help you to receive assistance in emergency situations:

  • Name & UM student/staff number
  • Location
  • Phone number or email address

Students overseas are also encouraged to contact their local program coordinator or administrative contact in case of an emergency.

If you have questions regarding your travel and safety, please contact your U of M Program Coordinator or the?International Centre?????????